技能目标 Skill Goals
▲Talking about ethnic minority cultures
▲Reading for specific information
▲Writing a paragraph about the Jinuo ethnic group
▲V-ed form as adverbial and phrasal verbs
▲Ways of asking for more information
Ways of asking for more information
What are the local people like?
Tell me more.
This is fascinating!
Doesn’t it get very hot in summer?
I’d love to hear more about the houses?
What about …?
I’m green with envy.
I’ll think it over.
I really fell for the place.
What do you reckon?
adjust, ethnic, costumes, environment, identity, minority, native, bright-colored, belt, varied, maze, run, inherit, property, custom, hatch, bucket, splash, crop, opera, maize, farm, fish, script, ouch, hammer, foolish, lame, hop, tyre, firm, jungle, soul, ox, spear, sleeve, necklace, jewellery, arch, framework, fasten, loose, fibre, corn, spade, tool, chick, rooster, fold, furnish, mat, teapot, bare, waist, widow, nephew, garage, rainbow, gatherer, garment, pineapple, mosquito, rigid
rainforest, diverse, cobbled, apron, hieroglyphic, apparently, awkward, pierce, aborigine
in use, has a population of, in the distance, set off, make up, seen from above, be well worth, how come, green with envy
run, fish, fasten, adjust, furnish, region, ethnic minority, border, astonish, knowledge, in use, has a population, come across, make up, hear of, go on, think over, fell for
Past participles as adverbial
Seen from above, the old town is a maze of canals, …
Passed from father to son, the music has not changed for eight centuries, …
When looked at from a distance, the Xishan Hills resemble a sleeping beauty.
Completely rebuilt, the town would not be so interesting.
Spoken by fewer and fewer people these days, the Naxi language may disappear in the future.
1. The old town is on the side of a mountain and opposite it is the 5500-metreYulongXueshanMountain, its peak covered with snow.
2. Seen from above, the old town is a maze of canals, little bridges and tiny cobbled streets that tourists get lost in.
3. They sit in small circles in the square, with their babies on their backs, completely uninterested in the tourists.
4. However different we may appear to be at first, we are all the same, all equal.
5. With the arrival of the Europeans, there were many battles over land, and the Native American population became much smaller, partly because they died from European disease.
6. Today, Aborigines make up just over 1.5% ofAustralia’s population.